football development application
Apply for the
Football Development Program
2023 Football Development Program
Please complete the application process below to apply for the 2023 Football Development Program.
STEP 1. APPLY FOR A CARLTON COLLEGE OF SPORT ACADEMIC DIPLOMA
Apply for either:
Submit your application through VTAC (for current Year 12 students) or direct through La Trobe University (post school applicants). Find out more on how to apply here.
STEP 2. APPLY FOR THE FOOTBALL DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
Apply directly through the Carlton College of Sport website (below). You will need to include a short personal statement that includes:
- A brief football overview; outline who you play for, what position you play, your strengths and weaknesses, awards won, representative teams ect.
- Your motivation for applying and your football aspirations.
STEP 3. ATTEND INTERVIEW
Interviews will be held following your application. A staff member from the Carlton College of Sport will be in contact to set up a time for your interview.
Please note: students applying must have completed Year 12 in order to be accepted into both the Carlton College academic diploma and the Football Development Program.
If you have any questions about or problems with the application process, please don’t hesitate to contact the Carlton College of Sport team.
- 1 August – Applications Open
- 1 September – 2 December – Player interviews
- 3 December – Early player offers
- 15 January – Final player offers
- 2 February – Supplementary player offers*
- 2 March – Program commences
*Supplementary offers will only be given under extenuating circumstances.