Join us to study at the Carlton College of Sport in 2022! Find all of the information you need to apply to study either a Diploma of Sport Coaching and Development or Diploma of Elite Sport Business.
Find details for how to apply if you are a current Year 12 student, or a non-school leaver who completed school before 2021. Also find the details on how to apply for the Football Development Program!
CURRENT YEAR 12 STUDENTS
If you are a current Year 12 student studying VCE, VCAL or unscored VCE (or the equivalent Year 12 qualification in your state), you will need to apply via VTAC and preference your chosen Carlton College of Sport diploma.
- Create a VTAC user account or login to your existing account.
- Once logged in, start your course application.
- Fill out your education history, include your highest level of study (this should be year 12) and answer if you have undertaken VCAL or any secondary units throughout your secondary education.
- Select your course preferences, by either entering the course code or using the search function. You can select up to eight preferences and must note at least one preference to continue. Search ‘Carlton College’ or enter course code 2101112042 for the Diploma of Elite Sport Business or 2101112052 for the Diploma of Sport Coaching and Development.
- Review your application details and confirm that the information is correct.
For further details regarding applying for courses, you can read through the ‘VTAC Year 12 Guide’ here.
Please note: you are able to change your preferences once you have submitted your course application. To change your preferences, you won’t need to re-pay your original application fee.
- Head to the La Trobe University website to apply directly and create a new profile, or log in if you have previously submitted an application. (Note: if you have trouble creating or accessing your account, call Ask La Trobe on 1300 135 045)
- Begin your application, fill out your education history.
- Select ‘Carlton College of Sport’ and search. Add the diploma you want to apply for to your preference list. Save and continue.
- Fill out your personal details then continue to fill out your study history.
- Read through and check that all details are correct, then submit your application.
- Provide the relevant documents and upload these into your application.
Please note: you can still access your account to upload any documents after you have submitted your application. If you are waiting on results, you can upload them into your application once you have obtained them.
FOOTBALL DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM APPLICATIONS
If you are a footballer who is keen to train in a high-performance environment at the Carlton Football Club, apply for the Football Development Program for 2022!
- Apply for either academic diploma via VTAC or direct through La Trobe University following the instructions above.
- Apply for the Football Development Program via the Carlton College of Sport website. Include a short personal statement that includes:
- A brief football overview addressing who you play for, what position you play, your strengths and weaknesses, awards won, representative teams etc.
- Your motivations for applying to the program and football aspirations.
- Interviews will be held following the submission of your application.