What is life like as a student at Carlton College?
At the Carlton College of Sport, we aim to give our students hands-on experience in the sports industry in their first year of study. Students have the opportunity to complete 100 hours of placement within the Carlton Football Club and with industry partners.
Find out what placements we have on offer for each of our diplomas below!
Diploma of Sport Coaching and Development
Students who study the Diploma of Sport Coaching and Development will complete placements such as:
- AFL and AFLW training sessions and game days
- VFL and VFLW training sessions and game days
- Strength and Conditioning with AFLW coaches
- Football analysis
- AUSKICK at the MCG and Marvel Stadium
- Recruiting and talent identification
Diploma of Elite Sport Business
Students who study the Diploma of Elite Sport Business will complete placements such as:
- Fan engagement on game day at MCG and Marvel
- Carlton corporate events (e.g. John Nicholls Medal)
- Media and press conferences
- Game day social media
The Guest Lecture series at Carlton College runs throughout the Semester, with students getting the chance to hearing people such as:
- Cain Liddle – Carlton CEO
- Alex Saundry – AFLW Player Agent
- Chris Judd – Brownlow Medalist and Hall of Fame inductee
- Andrew Russell – Director of High Performance at Carlton
- Andy Lee – Comedian and Carlton supporter
Guest speakers give insight into their career path and how they landed their first roles in sport, as well as answering any questions that the students may have. The Guest Lecture series allows students to network with high profile names in the sports industry and get a better understanding of what it takes to work in a high-performance sporting environment.
want to learn more?
Register your details to learn more about
studying at the Carlton College of Sport.
© Carlton College of Sport