WE ARE BACK for Semester 2 at the Carlton College of Sport!
For the second year in a row, classes will be delivered online through La Trobe University for the first week due to the current COVID-19 outbreak in Victoria. We are looking forward to welcoming our students back onto campus as soon as it is safe to do so!
Once students are back in the classroom at IKON Park, they can look forward to plenty of opportunities to gain experience and expand their professional networks with placements within teams at the Carlton Football Club and with our industry partners.
A few of the upcoming placements for students include:
- Assisting Carlton coaches across AFL, AFLW and VFL training sessions
- Assisting the Community team in Carlton Respects activations on game day
- Social media on a Carlton VFL game day
- Recruiting coding project
- AFL/VFL filming and analysis
- Assisting the media team at press conferences
- Assisting at Carlton Academy and Saad Academy training
Students will get to hear from a wide range of guest speakers including:
- Chris Judd (Former AFL Footballer and Brownlow Medallist)
- Alex Saundry (Founder and Managing Director at More Than Management)
- Nicole Livingstone (General Manager of Women’s Football, AFL)
For our students studying the Diploma of Sport Coaching and Development, subjects will include Human Bioscience B, Human Growth and Development, Sport Science for Coaching and Contemporary Issues in Sport Coaching, with classes across two days per week,
Students studying the Diploma of Elite Sport Business will study Sport Media, Sport Marketing, Analysing Business Data and Organisational Behaviour, with classes across three days per week.
We’re looking forward to welcoming our students back onto campus to make the most of Semester 2 at IKON Park!