Who is an ideal candidate for the program?
- You have completed Year 12 (or equivalent, such as Certificate IV)
- You are passionate about sport, or just love watching sport
- You are interested in working in the sports sector
- You already work in sport and would like to have a reputable and recognised qualification in sport
Where will the program take me?
- Completion of the Diploma of Sport Coaching & Development allows direct entry into second year study at La Trobe University in a range of health science courses including Sport Coaching & Development and Exercise & Sport Science.
- Completion of the Diploma of Elite Sport Business allows direct entry into second year study at La Trobe University in a range of business school courses including Sport Management, Sport Marketing and Media.
- Diploma of Sport Coaching & Development graduates seeking immediate employment typically find themselves in entry level roles in the sports industry. Example jobs include Game Development Officers, School and Junior level coaches and health and fitness instruction.
- Diploma of Elite Sport Business graduates seeking immediate employment typically find themselves in entry level roles in sports administration. Example jobs include Supporter Engagement Officers, Media Coordinators and Membership Sales Officers.
Who can I talk to about the Carlton College of Sport program?
I am thinking of attending University in 2020 but I am not sure if I will get into the degree I am hoping for. Should I wait until after University offers come out to apply for this course?
When does the course take place?
- The Diploma of Sports Coaching and Development and the Diploma of Elite Sport Business align to La Trobe’s normal semesters and will commence on Wednesday 4 March 2020
- Prior to course commencement you will be inducted and orientated to an elite sporting environment where you will be studying for the most part of the year
What will my weekly schedule look like?
- You will be at the Carlton College of Sport for at least 2 days per week, and have access to a professional gym to undertake your individualised strength and conditioning program. One subject per semester will be delivered at the Bundoora campus of La Trobe University
What other activities will I be participating in as part of my Carlton College of Sport experience?
- You will have a unique opportunity to experience on- the-job learning in a corporate administration and sporting environment. You will participate in game day experiences, corporate sporting events, assist in the delivery of sport clinics, and gain first-hand experience in the delivery of our school education programs.
- You will observe how a professional sporting Club operates
- You will have exposure to Carlton Football Club’s fan engagement strategy development, membership drives, community engagement strategies, marketing and media communications, retail outlet, events, clinics
- You will have access to elite athlete’s training and nutrition programs
- Observe elite athletes train and prepare for game day
- Your own individualised strength and conditioning program that you will need to implement in the gym
- Have access to the Carlton Cafe
How do I get to the Carlton College of Sport?
- The Carlton College of Sport is hosted at Carlton Football Club’s iconic Ikon Park
- Tram 19, stop 16 Walker Street takes you right outside the College
- Parking is also available
What am I required to wear when studying at the Carlton College of Sport?
- You will receive a Carlton College of Sport polo shirt when you commence your Carlton College of Sport Program. This needs to be worn when attending classes at Ikon Park and at La Trobe’s campus in Bundoora and when engaged in College activities either on-site at Ikon Park or at events off-site.
- You will also have gym apparel which will need to be worn when you are in the gym
- You will be required to attend external events and clinics where you will be required to wear your college apparel
I have submitted my application through La Trobe’s online course application site. When will I know if I have a place in the course and in the Carlton College of Sport program?
- We will endeavour to assess your application and advise you of an outcome of your application within 48 hours.