Who is an ideal candidate for the program?
- You have completed Year 12 (or equivalent, such as a Certificate IV).
- You are passionate about sport, and are keen to get your first job in the industry.
- You already work in sport and would like to have a reputable and recognised qualification in sport.
Where will the program take me?
- Completion of the Diploma of Sport Coaching & Development allows direct entry into second year study at La Trobe University in a range of health science courses including the Bachelor of Sport Coaching & Development, a Bachelor of Sport & Exercise Science or another allied health degree.
- Completion of the Diploma of Elite Sport Business allows direct entry into second year study at La Trobe University in a range of business school courses including Sport Management, Sport Marketing and Media.
- Diploma of Sport Coaching & Development graduates seeking immediate employment typically find themselves in entry level roles in the sports industry. Example jobs include Game Development Officers, School and Junior level coaches and health and fitness instruction.
- Diploma of Elite Sport Business graduates seeking immediate employment typically find themselves in entry level roles in sports administration. Example jobs include Supporter Engagement Officers, Media Coordinators and Membership Sales Officers.
When does the course take place?
- The Diploma of Sports Coaching and Development and the Diploma of Elite Sport Business align to La Trobe’s normal semester timetables, with Semester 1 beginning in March, and mid-year intake in July.
- Orientation will take place in the week before classes begin.
What will my weekly schedule look like?
- You will be at the Carlton College of Sport for classes on two days per week and one day per week at La Trobe University Bundoora campus.
- Placements will occur on a weekly basis, with students rostered on for at least one placement per week.
What other activities will I be participating in as part of my Carlton College of Sport experience?
- 100 hours of work based placement within the Carlton Football Club and industry partners.
- You will have exposure to Carlton Football Club’s fan engagement strategy development, membership drives, community engagement strategies, marketing and media communications, retail outlet, events, clinics
- Experience the guest lecture series with high-profile presenters such as Andrew Russell, Andy Lee, Darcy Vescio and Sam Walsh.
- Networking opportunities with staff at the Carlton Football Club.
How do I get to the Carlton College of Sport?
- The Carlton College of Sport is located at IKON Park, home of the Carlton Football Club, in Carlton North.
- Tram 19, stop 16 Walker Street takes you right outside the College.
- Parking is also available.
What am I required to wear when studying at the Carlton College of Sport?
- You will receive a Carlton College of Sport uniform when you commence your Carlton College of Sport Program. This needs to be worn when attending classes at Ikon Park and at La Trobe’s campus in Bundoora and when engaged in College activities either on-site at Ikon Park or at events off-site.
- You will be required to attend external events and clinics where you will be required to wear your college uniform.
Still have questions?
Get in touch through the button below.
Official Instagram account of the Carlton College of Sport.
Your career in sport starts here.
© Carlton College of Sport