WHAT CAN I STUDY AT CARLTON COLLEGE?
Where will the program take me?
- Completion of the Diploma of Sport Coaching & Development allows direct entry into second year study at La Trobe University in a range of health science courses including the Bachelor of Sport Coaching & Development, a Bachelor of Sport & Exercise Science or another allied health degree.
- Completion of the Diploma of Elite Sport Business allows direct entry into second year study at La Trobe University into the Bachelor of Business, or take credit points into a Bachelor of Sport Management, Bachelor of Marketing and more.
- Diploma of Sport Coaching & Development graduates seeking immediate employment typically find themselves in entry level roles in the sports industry. Example jobs include Game Development Officers, School and Junior level coaches and health and fitness instruction.
- Diploma of Elite Sport Business graduates seeking immediate employment typically find themselves in entry level roles in sports administration. Example jobs include Fan Engagement Officers, Media Coordinators and Membership Sales Officers.
Who is an ideal candidate for the program?
- The Carlton College of Sport diplomas are designed for anyone who is passionate about sport and wants to make it their career!
- We accept students of any age and experience into our courses.
- Many students join Carlton College after completing Year 12 and we also have many mature aged students who study our diplomas to change careers.
What will my weekly schedule look like?
- You will be at the Carlton College of Sport for classes on two days per week and one day per week at La Trobe University Bundoora campus.
- Placements will occur on a weekly basis, with students rostered on for at least one placement per week.
- The Football Development Program runs for 1 – 1.5 days per week.
When does the course take place?
- The Diploma of Sports Coaching and Development and the Diploma of Elite Sport Business align to La Trobe’s normal semester timetables, with Semester 1 beginning in March and Semester 2 beginning in July.
- Orientation will take place in the week before classes begin.
- The Football Development Program will commence a few weeks before classes in February.
How do I get to the Carlton College of Sport?
- The Carlton College of Sport is located at IKON Park, home of the Carlton Football Club, in Carlton North.
- Tram 19, stop 16 Walker Street takes you right outside the College.
- Parking is also available.
What other activities will I be participating in as part of my Carlton College of Sport experience?
- 100 hours of work based placement within the Carlton Football Club and industry partners.
- You will have exposure to Carlton Football Club’s fan engagement strategy development, membership drives, community engagement strategies, marketing and media communications, retail outlet, events, clinics
- Experience the guest lecture series with high-profile presenters such as Andrew Russell, Andy Lee, Darcy Vescio and Sam Walsh.
- Networking opportunities with staff at the Carlton Football Club.
Still have questions?
Get in touch through the button below.
© Carlton College of Sport