WHEN IT COMES TO deciding what course to study, there are a lot of things to consider. A major consideration for many students is where their studies will take them in their career.
At the Carlton College of Sport, we are dedicated to ensuring that our students have the best possible options available to them at the end of their first year of tertiary study. There are numerous pathway options available to our students once they have completed a Carlton College diploma, including continuing into further studies or landing a full-time job.
We asked our 2020 graduates what they are doing this year after completing either the Diploma of Sport Coaching and Development and Diploma of Elite Sport Business.
Of students who graduated from the Carlton College of Sport in 2020:
- 57% of students are continuing their studies
- 36% of students are now working in full-time jobs
Both diplomas offered by the Carlton College of Sport are tertiary level qualifications, with many students progressing into the second year of a bachelor degree. Students who have gone on to further study have progressed into courses such as:
- Bachelor of Sport Coaching and Development
- Bachelor of Sport and Exercise Science
- Bachelor of Business
- Bachelor of Primary Physical Education/Sport
- Bachelor of Arts
After completing the first year of their studies at Carlton College, many students decide to head straight into the industry into part-time or full-time work. Roles that former students are now working in include:
- Carlton Football Club Graduate Roles
- Team Operations Manager at Melbourne Stars
- Membership Officer at Collingwood Football Club
- Game Development Officer at AFL Victoria
- VFLW Operations Coordinator at Carlton Football Club
Congratulations to the graduating cohort of 2020 for some incredible results. We look forward to seeing what each of you achieve in your careers!
Keen to get started? Register your interest to study at the Carlton College of Sport today.